It's time to join and do something. VERY IMPORTANT. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
rillater base+authorization_role_admin
rillater Mar 18

Hello everyone, I want to open this thread to discuss the future of our community, that we all can give our opinion and propose ideas and contribute our point of view.

I will start by giving my opinion and ideas, and I hope that you are encouraged to present yours or debate.

As most of you know I am the administrator of the web, and webmaster of shinynylonphotos.com ...

But before continuing I would like to talk a little about myself and about how I see the current situation.

I like nylon shorts since I was very young, they are my favorite garment for as long as I can remember. Since I was little I loved the feeling of wearing them and also seeing girls wear nylon shorts. And during my childhood and adolescence I thought I was the only one in the world that had that feeling, and it led me to wonder: Am I the only one on earth to feel that excitement?

Thanks to the internet, quite some time later, I discovered that there were more people who thought like me, that what I felt happened to many more people, I was very happy to discover that I was not alone in the world.

When the previous website announced its closure, I decided that this community could not be lost, and seeing no one else volunteering, I invested my time and money in the creation of this website, with the hope of creating a large active community. So during these last 8 years, between programming, maintaining and updating the web, I have spent a lot of time on the web, in addition to paying annual hosting expenses with very little help, (I almost prefer not to calculate how much time and money I have spent) , but I understand that as any activity or hobby has its cost, although I think that the costs should be shared among all those who enjoy it.

On the other hand, I also created the web shinynylonphotos.com, and very soon I discovered that we are a small community, even with low prices, it did not generate a great interest, but if with what I got I could pay for new sessions I did it.

And although according to the statistics of visits to this website, many people want to see girls in shorts, (I am amazed by the number of visits to the site for what little they interact), few people contribute to making it viable to continue producing new material. Even if I put a photoset at the price of a coffee.

We must admit reality, it is increasingly difficult to find pictures of girls in shorts, if we want to have good material, we will have to create it.

I have ideas for photos, videos and short films, and I'm sure there are more people who think like me.

But our community is less and less participatory, and I start to feel like I was when I was a teenager, there are moments that I think I'm the only one that would invest in a big project to generate new material.
That's why my big question is:

How many of us are willing to really invest in creating something new?

According to the number of people really motivated to join to do something, we can make decisions.

In terms of proposals and solutions, I have several ideas.

An idea could be to create something similar to a "club", would be online and anonymous, in which the members enter contributing a fee and with the accumulated money are financed photos and videos.

The more people sign up, More material can be produced, which will be free for members.

Even to not start from scratch, I could provide the catalog of shinynylonphotos as a base for the club, it would be a good incentive for people to sign up.

This is just a first idea.

I await your comments and proposals.
Please everyone who is interested in our community does not disappear, and in one way or another want to participate, comment in this post.
The first thing is to know how many people we are, and then we will see how we can do something.
marcusal072
marcusal072 Mar 18

Id be happy to help in any way I can, I have recently subscribed to shinynylon arts and shinynylonbound and although there are some good video and pics on there some of the content isnt of interest to me.

To be brutally honest if im going to pay, which i dont mind, its got to be to get me off.

I did contact the owner of the site to enquire about having a video made but they are obviously reorganising things and didnt seem bothered.

A question I have is do we know people who are willing to model and do we know people who have the expertise to make such movies and videos?

How much will it cost and how do we fund it. 

We could set up a pay site, i have no idea how and how it would work, i think a subscription site would work as apposed to pay per vid or picture set, but it would need funding from the onset. 

always happy to help though

rillater Mar 19

The idea of a subscription site could be another possibility, but I think the first step would be to see how many of us are actively forming this community.

It will not be the same costs if we are 10 than if we are 100. The more we are, the more material we can produce at a lower cost.

I have worked in photography as well as video recording. I also collaborate with a group that produces short films, so for the technical part I think there would be no problem in the recordings.

The models and actresses charge more depending on what you want to record, that's why the idea is to produce our own material. Imagine that a good customized video costs € 150, a single person with that amount would get a video, if we create a club of 10 people, with 150 each, all the users will enjoy 10 videos with their 150 € and if we are 100 people, with the same quota will enjoy 100 videos, that is the magic of joining in a project and producing our material.

That's why the first thing he asked is how many people are willing to do something to save our community. It is the moment to unite, before the community disappears.

Carl348
Carl348 Mar 19
Why not contact the guys at shinynylonarts ? If we do a poll of what we’d like to see and see if they will make a video for us?
rillater Mar 19
That is another good proposal for the phase of what to do, although first it would be necessary to define who will do it, for that reason it is necessary to define who compose that "we". On the other hand my proposal is to create a large group that can generate a lot of material, not just a video. hence my idea of a club or something similar that joining the effort of all can be producing new material continuously.
Andyj73
Andyj73 Mar 19
I have also commissioned some videos from https://umd.net/revslymsford

i would be happy to contact him and see if he could help us  

umbrosilk
umbrosilk Mar 19
Hi Rillater,

I'll be more than happy to help and just and idea, but how about we all and myself included send, say you £50 and you spend it were you see fit, easy and saves on alot of chat going nowhere.

Anyway, lets chat and my email is umbrosilk@yahoo.com

More spanking videos is what we want.

rillater Mar 20
Maybe you're right and I talk too much, I'll try to make it as concrete as possible.

I will make the point of the situation.

1. With the new regulations, Internet is becoming less free.
When Directive 11 and 13 of the European Union comes in effect, it will no longer be possible to republish Internet content (www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-article-13-article-11-european -directive-on-copyright-explained-meme-ban), we finished publishing photos that we found. Nor can we store them publicly. There will no longer be an Internet site to collect and display photos that are not their own, on any platform.

2. This website is necessary to have the freedom to publish the photos that we like without censorship. We currently have our server and do not depend on third-party services.
A platform like ours, hosted on Yahoo or another provider until now ran the risk of being eliminated without notice, but from now on it will not even be feasible.

3. Due to the new regulations, our website has to close, or become something different, hence the idea of ​​creating a private club or community.

4. This website in recent years has accumulated more than 12,000 photos, and has received millions of visits. All content is available for free. It has been necessary to hire good servers, in the last 8 years I calculate having spent more than € 1000 in that concept, and that is nothing if I count the hours of work. Logically, this is no longer sustainable.
That's why I want to know how many of us are really interested in forming a new community. If I can afford to invest in something that I really like, there must be more people like me.

5. There are almost no pictures of girls in shorts on the internet. If we want good new material, see what we really like, we will have to produce our own material.

6. There have been proposals related to the creation of a video, that would be to discuss it later, now it is about how to organize.

7. There was also talk of creating a monthly membership, that generates bureaucracy and is not viable with the current means of payment, unless we create a real 
association and someone offers to keep the accounts. My first idea is an online club, which will also allow the members to be anonymous. Those who pay the fee have access to all the contents.

For all these reasons, whether we want it or not, we have to look for solutions, because this website will not be able to continue as it has been until now.

Since the idea is to maintain the community and generate new content a proposal in order to avoid bureaucracy, it occurs to me that it could be a lifetime membership. Of a single payment. Also another idea is to provide all the material I have from shinynylonphotos.com to have a huge base of material in the club. The partners would have unlimited access to 350 photosets and videos, access to all the content of shinynylonshorts and with what they pay from the memberships the maintenance and creation of new material is financed. Each partner takes advantage of the contributions of all others.
If someone has other proposals or wants to comment which one they like the most, I wait for your comments.
I hope this talk will take us somewhere :)
The Forum post is edited by rillater Mar 20
ShinySatin
ShinySatin Mar 21
New community, like a facebook group? This idea, for me, is very good, but only if it will still be for free. This site is very important to me and its disappearance will be a big loss for me

(My english is not perfectly, sorry, but i'm still learning)

glance
glance Mar 22

It is unbelievable how many more online-barriers are established, nowadays. 

But discussing a political agenda wouldn't lead anywhere, to solve our upcoming problems with oppressed limitations. 

I agree, we have to find a solution. Sadly, my technical experience to provide useful inspiration to how this could be acomplished, is very limited, though I would support sort of a club, where a lifetime-fee could be charged. But due to the shared content, I highly recommend a method of payment, that keeps the members anonymous, or I foresee a high drop in the amount of users. 

This site needs to stay online, in any way, as our shared interest has only very limited devotees throughout the world and sharing content would be scattered over the internet in the future. 

I am sorry I can not be of much help, but I will try to support any future solution.

VentexIII
VentexIII Mar 25

The first step would be to see how many of us are actively forming this community.

Absolutly.

But knowing that lot of people don't read the forum the thing is how to allow to passive members to position themselves. 

I propose to add a pop-up with a  pool /survey that cant' be closed if not answered

(if technically possible).

Each member will choose :

- Agree or not to suscribe to a new paying site ?

- If not what alternative is proposed ?

- If yes amount and duration envisaged ?

- Free proposition (we'll discuss precisely the details after,for the moment it's to validate that a decisive number of people feel concerned)

Hoping that it's technically possible (it will give us good indication on what is excpected by

the visitors) if not we can add a Google pool in a link but with same risk of indiference...

For my part i can only agree with the club (one year membership ?) wich could include,at least,3 sections :

- New videos created exclusivly for the site.

- Existing videos (my Dirty Hobby,clips4sale,etc) bought in the name of the club and shared collectively (after the majority choose wich)

- Old videos acquired in the past and given freely by members (the minimum in regard of the lack of active participation during these 8 years and additional incitation for becoming new members)

(Considering that poses the problems of rights)

For the type of content itself we'll see after...but i take comfort in thinking that if we are only ten mate we can do something.

glance
glance Mar 26
I like the idea of a poll, to make sure that all members are aware of the upcoming changes!

The idea of buying stuff from this Dirty Hobby site, accessible for all members, would also be great (if this would be a law obeying practice). Looks like some pretty decent stuff is already produced there, so why bother with making own stuff, which might or might not satisfy community members, if some good videos or content is already available. Plus: many people can't get access to this site and its content at the moment (including myself). 

Very good input here VentexIII!

rillater Mar 29
Hi guys, I know that most of those who come here come to see girls in shorts, and it seems that few people are reading and understanding the situation.
As suggested, I will prepare a survey with possible options, if you have any idea or viable option, write it below.

I take this opportunity to clarify some details about the comments received:

Unfortunately this site is not free, if until now people have been able to enjoy it for free it is because I am paying the tickets: D, I have spent several thousand euros in creation and maintenance. That is no longer sustainable.

Facebook groups are affected by the new regulations, all the work you do when setting up a group in Facebool can disappear in a moment without warning.

I have also thought about a life membership system, the best solution to remain anonymous is to organize the payment with cryptocurrencies.

The idea of ​​creating a survey is very good.

The idea is to create our content, and encourage the creation of new content.
The proposal to distribute videos from other sites, as well as illegal, is the best way to destroy our future. If a girl makes a video with prespective of selling it to 20 people, and one buys it for € 5 and distributes it to the other 19, that girl will automatically stop producing videos in shorts.
Another thing is to buy a distribution license, or be commissioned a tailored video with the right of redistribution, that would encourage the creation of new material. And it will be cheaper than the individual purchase.

If we unite we can get material at a very low cost without destroying the creation of new material.
VentexIII
VentexIII Apr 5

Excepting the creation of videos how much would you estimate the cost of the site (host,update and more) for a year ?

About my suggestion to distribute videos from other sites i must recognize it's totally unfair and... suicidal (and a bit childish but it was in regards of years of inertia...)

Come on guys, Rillater has warned us enough,please consider the situation,the site will no more be free so take this opportunity to propose ideas and alternatives (at least on the questions of the survey)

I add a possible suggestion :

- How much you are agree to spend for maintening the site as is it today (a place for sharing pix,links,views,etc)

- How much for producing videos ?

- In case you don't want contribute what you will do for your fetish keep represented on the web ?

HomerS
HomerS Apr 11

My thoughts on this topic:

"1. With the new regulations, Internet is becoming less free."

I agree that it is certainly not possible to keep this site as public as it is now. I already wondered if you've gotten in trouble yet...

"2. This website is necessary to have the freedom to publish the photos that we like without censorship. " (...)3. Due to the new regulations, our website has to close, or become something different, hence the idea of ​​creating a private club or community."

I also agree that a Yahoo-Group or anything similar is not an option at all. TOR Hidden service or Freesite may be exaggerated and too complicated ;-)  So I guess changing it to a private / password-protected site is the way to go.

"4. This website in recent years has accumulated more than 12,000 photos..."

I appreciate your efforts, Thank you! I think it is just fair that you get at least the money you need for maintaining this site. I haven't paid yet for any site, but here I would, as long as I know what the money is good for.

"5. There are almost no pictures of girls in shorts on the internet. If we want good new material, see what we really like, we will have to produce our own material."

That's another topic. I'm not into spanking, so there will be some discussion on what we want. A bit of everything.. ;)

"Since the idea is to maintain the community and generate new content a proposal in order to avoid bureaucracy, it occurs to me that it could be a lifetime membership. Of a single payment."

Everything you write here sounds very good to me. I have no idea, how many here are willing to pay. As a member, I'd prefer a single / lifetime payment (hoping that the site will be around for some time), but since you have  running costs it may be necessary to raise some money from time to time. I'd also be okay with a yearly payment, based on the costs you have + a bit, or some money for new sets etc.

"Also another idea is to provide all the material I have from shinynylonphotos.com to have a huge base of material in the club. The partners would have unlimited access to 350 photosets and videos, access to all the content of shinynylonshorts and with what they pay from the memberships the maintenance and creation of new material is financed. Each partner takes advantage of the contributions of all others."

Sounds great, but probably also sounds like a lot of money?

To be more specific, guessing that you need ~200 Euro/Year for hosting and we are 100 people who are willing to pay, that would only be 2 Euros/person. I'd have absolutely no problem with a fee of up to 5-10 Euro/Year, especially when there are some "bonuses", but I have no idea, what other people think...

Answers to the questions:

- How much you are agree to spend for maintening the site as is it today (a place for sharing pix,links,views,etc)

5 Euros / Year

- How much for producing videos ?

Here I'd prefer the option, that every member gets access to everything, for maybe another 5 Euro/Year. Maybe more.

- In case you don't want contribute what you will do for your fetish keep represented on the web ?

I'd accept to support the site/community, I don't see any other way (see Nr. 2)

The Forum post is edited by HomerS Apr 11
oskar77
oskar77 Apr 15
I am willing to support this site and also new content. Annual fee or lifetime membership would both be fine for me. I think an annual fee would probably be more sustainable. Otherwise we would have a lot of new content right now, but no more in the future. I have no idea on how much the running costs of a website like this should be. But I certainly would accept something like 5 Euro / year and something additional for new content. 

You said, you have a lot of traffic on this website. Would advertisement also be a solution to generate money? I don't know how that would work.  
rillater May 28
Hi guys, I've created a very simple survey, to feel what people think.

I have tried to limit the options to the basics so there are not too many questions. If you think there is something important to ask, we can follow the discussion in this thread.

Please complete the survey:

The future of shinynylonshorts

The Forum post is edited by rillater May 28
SoffeSlicks
SoffeSlicks May 30
I am not clear on the EU regulations. Would keeping the site public require the server to be migrated to outside of the EU and for the domain to be owned by a non-EU resident?
rillater May 31

Quote from SoffeSlicks I am not clear on the EU regulations. Would keeping the site public require the server to be migrated to outside of the EU and for the domain to be owned by a non-EU resident?
Yes, that would be a solution, since the directive only affects the residents of the EU.
If someone wants to manage the web, p
lease feel free to contact me.
The Forum post is edited by rillater May 31